Whole30 + Keto Frittata (Dairy Free!)
Whole30 + Keto Frittata Recipe + Video – a dairy free, low carb frittata using whatever vegetables you have on hand! The filling possibilities are endless! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
You are looking at the breakfast I have been enjoying for the past 3 weeks. I am completely smitten with frittatas!
In the spring my chickens start laying eggs like crazy. We get 10 eggs a day! Always looking for ways to cook up all the eggs. Enter my Whole30 + Keto Frittata that is dairy free!
Whole30 + Keto Frittata Filling
Here is the great thing about this recipe. You can customize the frittata using whatever vegetables you have on hand! The possibilities are endless. This frittata I photographed was with red bell pepper, mushroom and green onion. Delicious!
I’ve made so many variations using different vegetables I have. You can even add in meat! Like cooked sausage, bacon, ham, ground beef, you name it.
Frittata Cast Iron Skillet
I love making my frittata in my 8″ cast iron skillet. It never sticks! Amazing! The 8″ cast iron skillet makes 4 servings, perfect for my husband and I with leftovers for the next day. Any 8″ oven safe skillet will work if you don’t have a cast iron one.
If you want to make a bigger frittata, you can double the whole recipe and use a 12″ cast iron skillet! This will make enough to serve 8. Perfect if you’re serving a big crowd or want lots of leftovers. You’ll just need to bake it a bit longer. I have baking time for this in the Recipe Notes below.
Serving the Frittata
I like eating the frittata when it is warm or room temperature. You can also enjoy it cold out of the oven!
My favorite things to add to the plate when I eat my frittata: sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado, marinated red onions and a green salad. Flavor explosion! So filling and satisfying. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Watch Keto Frittata Recipe Demo (5:00 minutes)Print
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3 cups chopped vegetables, you can use any vegetables you have, you can even add in cooked meat like bacon or sausage. The possibilities are endless!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk of choice (I love using Silk Dairy Free Heavy Whipping Cream, could use almond milk, cashew milk, Nutpods, etc.)
- salt + pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF with the oven rack in the middle.
- Heat an 8″ cast iron skillet (or any oven safe skillet) over medium heat. Add the ghee, vegetables and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are soft and all the moisture has cooked away, usually 10 minutes but really depends on the vegetable. For instance, spinach will cook much faster than zucchini.
- In a medium size bowl, add the eggs, dairy free milk, salt and pepper. I add 1 teaspoon salt + fresh cracked pepper, use as much as you like. Use a fork to beat the eggs until smooth.
- With the cast iron skillet still on the heat, pour in the eggs. Stir the mixture for 30 seconds over the heat to help set the bottom of the frittata, and make sure the vegetables are distributed evenly.
- Transfer the skillet to your oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are set. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the frittata and serve warm.
- I love serving mine with marinated onions, sliced avocado, sliced tomatoes and a green salad (see notes for the dressing I use for the salad)
- Leftovers will keep for at least 5 days refrigerated in an airtight container, or frozen for at least 6 months.
- Leftovers can be eaten cold, or microwaved to desired temperature. I usually microwave mine for just 30 seconds to bring it to room temperature.
You can also make this in a large 12″ cast iron skillet! It will serve 8 people. Just double the entire recipe! It will need to bake for closer to 25-30 minutes. I prefer making smaller ones so I can keep changing up the fillings to breakfast exciting, ha!
The possibilities of fillings are endless! Here are some combos that I’ve made and loved:
- red bell pepper, mushroom + green onion (that’s the combo used in these photos!)
- asparagus + red onion
- shaved brussels sprouts + yellow onion
- kale, garlic + yellow onion
- zucchini, bell pepper + yellow onion
- broccoli, tomatoes + yellow onion
- leftover taco meat, red bell pepper + red onion
- bacon + spinach
- sausage, bell pepper + spinach
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!